Sunday, March 30, 2014

Portait of My Home | Personal | Hampton Roads Portrait Photographer

Hi!

The other afternoon when I was home in the quiet, calm, anticipatory hours before my husband gets home from work I was struck by  how "lived in" our home looks. Granted, the majority of our walls are bare since I haven't quite figured out the whole decorating "thing" yet {sidebar: one time, after we had been in our house for about 15 months, a repair man asked if we "had just moved in"-- total fail} so I don't mean it has the lived in "homey" look but our house definitely looks like people are there. And almost always, if I'm being honest, it looks like we left in a hurry :p

We're not the most organized of folks, that's for sure, but we're not dirty. And the other day I was struck by the "lived-in-ness" of our space and felt this urge to capture it in its raw and real state.

This is definitely not my usual portrait format but I consider this a portrait of my home.


Even Charlie Dog leaves his things as if he left in a hurry....

I will leave you with this image. 

These cars are extremely important to me as every year my husband gets me one for our dating anniversary. 

When we first started dating back in college we were, simply put: poor; and for our first anniversary he wrote me a note explaining how one day we'll have enough money to take trips to Europe and go to day spas and buy expensive cars- but for now this will have to do: and sitting with the letter were my favorite flowers and my very first Hot Wheels car (an Aston Martin).

These cars will go with us wherever we go and are by far my most looked forward to and cherished gift every single year out of any holiday.

Best,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love your "please leave your rank at the door" sign LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks, Elizabeth; it does often get a lot of remarks! It's just from Cracker Barrel! :)

    ReplyDelete