Monday, June 30, 2014

Cait W. | Class of 2014 | Hampton Roads Senior Portrait Photographer

Hi!

One day earlier this Spring I opened my e-mail to a really unique inquiry that included the words "sorority" and "rush package." I was in a sorority in college (don't act surprised- it was awesome!) so to say I was intrigued is an understatement! The difference was: the school I attended did not require a "rush package" so I was a bit at a loss for how to proceed.

(cue the frantic google search!)
 
As I got to know Caitlin and her mom and learn more about what they were needing it quickly became clear why a rush package and professional photos were necessary: Caitlin is PROUDLY going to attend The University of Alabama-- Southern sororities are far more serious and a challenge to get into than Northern sororities; so the need for these photos and what we would need to produce together became a lot more clear!
 
Fortunately for Caitlin she has GORGEOUS looooong brown hair that is thick thick THICK- so big, curly "Southern hair" was a MUST for this session.
 
 
We also wanted to try to evoke a sense of Southern hospitality and pride so Caitlin wore sweet summer dresses and colors of blue and white.
 
 

Isn't she gorgeous?!
 
 
 
 

I have to admit I'm surprised we got ANY decent shots since we laughed throughout almost the entire session! Caitlin is so sweet and has such a great laugh that I know she is going to have a TON of houses to choose from (for those not in the Greek Speak world she's going to have a ton of sororities accept her and she will have to choose between them).
 

 
Best of luck at 'Bama, Caitlin, and I can't wait to hear which house you end up in!!
Best,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment