Thursday, August 15, 2013

Q&A in Richmond- Networking it, Baby!

This past weekend I completed two pretty big "firsts" in my life (both of which were outside of my comfort zone- not the easiest task, you know?): 
    1. I completed my very first 8k...which just so happened to be a mud run complete with mud pits, sand dunes, and walls to surpass. Holy moly scary!

    2. I traveled to Richmond and participated in my very first Q&A session held by a local photographer that I seriously admire- the one and only adorable Amanda of Amanda Hedgepeth Photography. What's more is that it was a luncheon at a Mexican restaurant with other photogs. Nothing like walking into a place where you normally stuff your face full of nachos and not knowing who you're going to sit down with for the next FOUR hours! 
    There was one small snag with my trip to Richmond: I get really nervous about being late so I left pretty early in the morning to make sure I found the place. And find it i did: an HOUR early. So what does a photog do when they're super early and don't know the area? Take pictures of course! 

     Baby ducks!!
    Nice attempt at camouflage, birdman ;)
    An hour later I made my way back to Plaza Azteca. There were a lot of cameras and a lot of chips all over the place. I'd say that's pretty typical for a photog lunch date, wouldn't you?

    It's pretty fair to say I asked a LOT of questions. Have you had your session with me, yet? Yes? Ok, then you know how much I love to talk! ;)

    Post-Q&A we headed outside to talk tech: camera functions! Here are a few shots from the rest of the day and some of the fantastic women I had the opportunity to meet this weekend:
     
     (Amanda, of Amanda Hedgepeth Photography)

     (Jessica, of Jessica Emmaleen Photography)

     (The gorgeous mama-to-be, Carrie, of Tupilo Photography)

    ( Kristy, of Kristy Carranza Photography, and Amber, of Amber Lane Photography)

    (Kari, of KCillo Photography)




    It's really interesting to see how others approach the same shot.



    ...and since i obviously couldn't take a picture of myself, here is one of me from Carrie
    me!

    Choosing to snag a seat in the Q&A with Amanda and making the trip to Richmond was one of the best things I could have done for the business. I networked, I chatted, I made friends, but I also learned. I learned about myself; I learned about where I want to take my business; and maybe the most important thing of all: I learned that I am ready for more.
     I am ready for bigger and better things for myself as a photographer and for Sarah Elle Photography. And that means BIGGER and BETTER things for all of you! Bigger packages, better equipment with which to take your images, better and BIGGER experience for each of you from initial inquiry all the way to the delivery of your beautiful images- lots of new goodies in between :)

    I can't wait to see what the rest of 2013 has in store and even more so I can't wait to share it with all of YOU!

    Best,
    Sarah


    p.s. And the win for best remark of the day: when Kristy told me I remind her of Jordana Brewster from The Fast and the Furious. I've been told I look like Rachel Ray, Sara Bareilles, and now Jordana Brewster.... I'm sticking with the last one. What do you think? New career as her stand in at events?? ;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment