Thursday, August 22, 2013

In-person Consultations | Hampton Roads Portrait Photographer

Hi!

Tonight I had the fantastic pleasure of meeting up with one of my newest Seniors, Cait, and her mom, Lynne, for Cait's in-person consultation.

 

In-person consultations are included in EVERY SINGLE Senior portrait PACKAGE- they're that important! Being able to meet my Seniors ahead of time enables me to not only get to know them but for them to get to know a little about me, too! But even more important is that we get to meet at Starbucks!
Ok, so not really the most important part- but it's true, I super enjoy meeting at Starbucks because otherwise I don't really get a chance to go there :)

But the real reason I automatically have in-person consultations as part of each Senior session is that it gives you and me a chance to brainstorm, throw ideas out at each other, discuss what you truly envision for your session, and the BIG ultra-super-mondo reason I highly encourage participating in the in-person consultations: it means that the day of the shoot you and I are no longer strangers! :)

You wouldn't believe how LESS scary it feels the day of the shoot since you already know a little about who I am and will already have a sense of what to expect from me the day of the shoot. Plus you will know what I look like by that time and won't have to be nervous about wondering if you'll know how to find me when you show up for the session! 

Being comfortable with me will help you be comfortable in front of my camera (which I know can be difficult if your mom or dad is really the one who booked the session); so having an in-person consultation is key to your comfort- and is the whole reason why I include them in the Senior session packages.

That and my need for a little bit o' Starbucks ;)
***Side note: you seriously will want to stay tuned for Cait's session later this Fall- after tonight's meeting I can guarantee you that it is going to be AWESOME!
*UPDATE: Cait's session really WAS awesome and seriously did not dissapoint! I can prove it! Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment