Monday, November 11, 2013

A Styled Saturday | Hampton Roads Styled Shoot

Hi hi hi!

I'm SUPER excited to share this post with you all! It's filled with something I've NEVER done before and that's always big news, right?

This past Saturday myself and two other photographer friends (Erin Daniel Photography and Tiffany Joyce Photography) put on our first STYLED SHOOT! I don't shoot weddings, as you know, but when it became apparent that a group of local togs we know were interested in increasing their bridal portfolios I quickly thought: well heck, lets just plan a mini-styled shoot!

And thus the day was born ;)

For weeks (about 6 to be specific) we chatted online and gathered ideas and color palettes and themes and models and dresses and props and the list goes on and on and on. It's amazing what technology can allow you to accomplish without even meeting someone (I didn't meet Erin until the day of the shoot- crazy, huh!?)

Now, as I mentioned earlier, I don't shoot weddings so I had no reason to shoot this day, either. So....I modeled! Yep. CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY. It was a TON of fun, though! And oh my goodness my tootsies were frozen solid by the end of it! But yes, here is not only the fantastic and beautiful details of our styled shoot but also a little peek at my first ever "modeling" gig ;) (try not to laugh too hard)

Photos (unless otherwise stated): Tiffany Joyce Photography
Flowers: Flower Works


 The entire set up was filled with beautiful Fall colors. Greens, and oranges, and reds, and golds, and browns! Ugh! I just love it all!!
(Above image taken by Erin Ammons Photography)

OH my goodness how beautiful are these flowers, right?! I even got to take them home! (they're sitting in water on my kitchen table hehe)

Ok. And my picture.

Aren't the details of this styled shoot just GORGEOUS?! And to think- it's just a mini-shoot! So of course, now I CAN'T WAIT to shoot the styled Senior session I have planned for the Spring. If we were able to plan this session in roughly 6 weeks, having multiple months to plan another one is going to be incredible!

I am so very proud of how this shoot turned out and hope you liked it, too! And, of course, keep your eyes peeled this Spring for my Senior styled shoot ;)

Best,
Sarah

p.s. if you are a female aged 15-19 with pointe experience (or know someone who is) I'm doing a casting call for my Senior styled shoot- so be sure to drop me a message!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking to get into styled shoots also! These are great! Any advice on planning, starting, conducting one, etc?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Myrna, I would have to say my biggest piece of advice is to JUMP straight in! I've been nervous about planning a shoot for a while now because I was so clueless as to where to start or how to get people to contribute- but all you do is START. haha And don't be afraid to ask vendors to contribute- but never forget to give them credit!
      That's all I can really say for now since this was my first attempt and I had some incredible ladies planning right along with me. Stay tuned for the Spring one and I'll for sure have more advice by then!

      Delete