Monday, November 4, 2013

I have an irrational Fear. Anyone else? | Hampton Roads scare-d-cat

Hi.
I said that I would be honest with you all and one of my goals it to get more personal in my blogs; so I think it's time you all know: I am afraid of the bridge tunnel.
 
Like...have NEVER DRIVEN IT kind of afraid. When we moved here I checked out  mapquest prior to our arrival (even though we have a GPS) and informed my husband we would be driving ALLLL the way around to the JRB in order to avoid the HRBT. It's that serious.
 
Unfortunately it appears I'm also nervous of the JRB :(
 
I don't know what it is! I mean...I do know... but it's silly. I'm afraid of there being an emergency or my brain deciding to miraculously stop knowing how to drive (I know, I know, this doesn't happen- I said it was an irrational fear!) and me not having anywhere to pull off in this emergency situation. 
 
And the counselor in me knows exactly how to fix it. Ever try to fix yourself? It doesn't work. For whatever silly reason we need others to tell us how to be better. I get it. I live it. I AM IT.
 
So there you have it. My admission for this week.
 
Maybe having written about it I will no longer have my fears. That's how it works, right? Goodness I hope so because I'm going to face this fear tonight and practice driving the bridge because I HAVE to get to Smithfield on Thursday for my mentor session with Sharon (if you don't know what I'm talking about check out the business birthday post here). How silly would that be to call her from the Hampton side of the bridge and have to say "Sorry, can't make it over the bridge. Can we do this whole shooting thing over the phone? I'll describe what I see through my lens to you..."

Wish me luck! And maybe a little double luck for good measure, too....

Sincerely,
Timid and irrational

I feel like this is what I look like driving over a bridge:

*I did not take this image*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment