Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kristin L. Class of 2014 | Hampton Roads Senior Photographer

Hi!

When I first meet with a Senior I try to encourage them to bring different aspects of themselves to a session: class ring, team jacket, college t-shirt, favorite pet, etc. but it wasn't until working with Kristin did I learn just how much the actual location of the session could bring out the Senior.

Kristin chose to have her session at Ft. Monroe. Now, I've shot on Ft. Monroe a number of times but I don't know it like she does; you see, Kristin grew up there. 

Until just a few years ago Kristin attended church there, went to school there, and even went to daycare there when she was younger (her mom offered to provide me with a picture of her getting her first Communion there but lucky for Kristin she didn't have it at the time- hehe)! To be able to capture her in her Senior year at some of the places that really helped to shape her into who she has become was so humbling and extremely special!

(This is the back of the church she attended. According to Kristin this door leads to the wash room-- I NEVER would have known that!)

Okay can we just talk a quick minute about these AWESOME shoes?! I absolutely loved them and have decided that now I NEED a pair.

How pretty is she?! 

Kristin it was so wonderful getting to work with you and I absolutely loved learning about how much meaning each spot held for you!

All my very best as you finish your Senior year and go on to college! I can't wait to see what the world brings for you :)

And when you decide to get rid of those shoes just let me know ;)

Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment