Thursday, November 14, 2013

To Be or Not to Be? | Hampton Roads Portrait Photographer

Hi!
I've been struggling lately. Feeling pretty lost, to be honest. Not the "what's the purpose of life" kind of lost but that's one I still haven't figure out yet, either; so if you know the answer to that one don't be afraid to share! ;)
I've been lost on the direction of Sarah Elle Photography.
A few months back I changed the colors up a bit and committed to a pretty drastic logo change (remember that?). But I don't feel I'm 100% "there" yet. There is something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it. And it's driving me INSANE.
For weeks and weeks I've been redesigning and getting feedback and input and opinions and help and allllll kinds of guidance from others---and I still feel stuck. Do I like polka dots? Or chevrons? Maybe Navy isn't my color? What about the market I'm moving towards? How will all of these factors attract or push-away my market?









My list goes on and on.

I'm absolutely itching to complete the branding experience for each and every one of you. I have HUGE (not just big but HUGE) ideas for the entire Sarah Elle Photography experience- from the second you message or e-mail me to the in-person consultation gifts to the day of the shoot experience alllll the way to the packaging and follow-up! And i'm DYING to get to it!
But I can't. Not without committing to and nailing down who Sarah Elle Photography is for certain at this point in its life.
Sure, I know my brand will change a bit as I evolve but who am I now? And who am I going forward? And most importantly: How do I express that? That is really what is stumping me.
Being patient about this is awful for me because I simply am ITCHING to complete the SEP experience for all of you. But the true experience won't be able to happen until I complete my branding. And waiting will be worth it....right?

Best,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment