Thursday, October 31, 2013

Business Birthday | Hampton Roads Portrait Photographer

IT'S MY BUSINESS BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Yep, it's Sarah Elle Photography's ONE YEAR birthday! (Ok, really it's tomorrow but I couldn't wait to celebrate!) Can you believe it?! Holy moly I canNOT believe it! 

 I'll be honest with you, when I first started out I was so overwhelmed- I just wanted to take pictures! Why did running a business have to be so complicated? Couldn't I just take pictures, be happy, and eat bon bons?

 But I couldn't be happier that I pushed through to the other side. I am excited about not only my skills as a photographer but where SEP is headed as a business. I am PROUD to call myself a photographer and am constantly in a state of feeling excited because of all the great things I get to do being that photographer.

I get to do something I LOVE. I get to work towards being better at something. I get to challenge myself. I get to meet and work with incredible individuals who teach  me about things I never imagined. I get to help capture moments for people they will look back on and smile. I get to help create a vision and make it come to life. I get to be friends with people who get me. I get to create and express and love.

I get to be a photographer!

Of course, no birthday post would be complete without a look back at the events of the past year. 

This past year Sarah Elle Photography:
-Created a brand new look, logo, blog, and website! (Yay www.sarahelle.com !)

-Got an awesome new lens (50mm 1.4 represent!)

-Reached OVER 700 followers on facebook

-Created a twitter and pinterest and together accumulated 93 followers (p.s. feel free to make that number bigger and follow me! @SarahElle_Photo for twitter and pinterest.com/sarahellephoto for pinterest)

-Developed and initiated a personal project- Life: As it is and have shot the first installment and have already scheduled the next two!

-Pushed myself to learn by attending a Q&A session with Amanda Hedgepeth Photography and am signed up for an 8 hour one-on-one mentor session with Sharon Elizabeth Photography.

-Helped design, plan, and bring to life a styled bridal shoot for fellow photographers and friends.

-Teamed up with an "accountability buddy" (shout out to Jessica!) to keep me motivated and accountable as I push forward on my goals.

-Shot maternity, newborn, birthday milestones, family, couples, anniversary, individual portraits, deployed family portraits, senior portraits, military themed, Rockabilly themed, Christmas themed, Fall themed, Winter themed, and Valentines Day themed sessions- all while discovering and finding my way to what truly seems to fuel my passion for photography: Couples and Senior Portraits.


But the truth is I couldn't have done any of this without each and every one of you! You, my Sarah Elle Photography family, have believed in me and supported me throughout this year long journey. Whether you've been following me since day 1 or found me yesterday, the fact that you are reading this shows your support- your encouragement! Thank YOU Sarah Elle Photography family for believing in me and loving me enough to support me on my path.

And, of course, I can't not share a little peek at my first shoot versus my more recent session. Because looking back at where we've come from is always a little fun ;)

Very first session a year ago on the left and latest session on the right!

See! Looking back at where you've come from isn't all bad! At least for me personally it helps to remind me of how far I have come and highlights what I'm capable of achieving if I just try hard enough!

Happy happy birthday Sarah Elle Photography family; and cheers to 50 more!

Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment